Rinat Akhmetov Foundation continues the series of live broadcasts with the country’s lead experts as part of the project “Ask a doctor”.Chairman of the Board for All-Ukrainian Union of Non-Governmental Organisation “Ukrainian Sanitary and Epidemiological Union”, honored physician of Ukraine Liudmila Mukharskaya shared her opinion on the vaccination and other aspects of the struggle with the coronavirus.
Particularly, she explained why a thorough medical examination was not carried out immediately before the vaccination.
– During the mass vaccination it is considered to be inadvisable.First and foremost from a practical perspective.After all the procedure takes some time and it is just impossible to examine everybody.Therefore it would be better to go to the family doctor beforehand, – said Liudmila Mukarskaya.
The expert also told, that practically every person was at risk to contract the coronavirus.However, many people could come through the malady without symptoms.
– The person will not know, that he is ill. Most of people will encounter the virus, but not everyone will know about it.And not everyone will come through the disease in a severe form.Especially when it comes to the vaccinated.
Liudmila Mukharsakya also told, that currently it was known about a new variant of COVID-19, which was called “Omicron”.
– The information about it came just a week ago.This virus exists and its genome is decrypted. It terrified with numerous mutations discovered during the research.Many people believed it was bad.However virus mutations do not necessarily have adverse effects on the human, – said the epidemiologist
According to her, more detailed information on “Omicron” would be available shortly.At the same time currently there was no evidence of lethal cases or critical situations, related to the new virus variant.
– There are no even substantial differences in symptoms from other types of the virus yet. However, “Omicron” is often reported to be accompanied by severer fatigue.Other information is unavailable yet, – said Liudmila Mukharskaya.
The expert reminded, that a new season of respiratory diseases had come.This is why it was doubly important to take care of yourself and your relatives.
– It is possible to contract flu and the coronavirus at the same time. It would be wonderful, if people get vaccinated both against the coronavirus and flu.There are available medications, and they are actionable against the respiratory viruses, that are in the air this season.You can have two vaccines and be sure you are protected, – said Liudmila Mukharskaya.
Since the start of broadcasting of “Ask a Doctor” on digital platforms of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, the content of the project has been watched 20 million times. Previously, experts of live broadcasts were such renowned experts as Boris Todurov, a famous cardiac surgeon, cardiologist, corresponding member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, member of the European Society of Cardiology Yekaterina Amosova; psychiatrist, doctor of medical sciences, professor Oleg Chaban; President of the Association of Anesthesiologists of Ukraine Sergey Dubrov and others.
In total UAH 500 mln have been allocated for the struggle with the coronavirus in Ukraine. The project has helped 1.41 mln. people to survive.
It is the largest contribution one donor has made to the public healthcare of Ukraine since independence. More than 500 medical institutions across the country received more than 1,000 pieces of equipment, including 216 lung ventilators and 159 oxygen concentrators. More than 200 personal protective gear items have been provided to public hospitals. Furthermore, doctors have received 337 ths rapid response tests, 1,044 items of medical and laboratory equipment.