The Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, together with the Ukraine TV channel, in 2021 continues the Ask a Doctor project.
It is being implemented within the framework of the Fight Against COVID-19 in Ukraine Foundation project, which became part of the Rinat Akhmetov – Saving Lives program. To date, nine leading specialists of Ukrainian medicine have taken part in the broadcast. They were watched by over a million viewers.
– What is coronavirus, how to avoid the threat of infection and what to do in case of illness? These questions remain relevant, so the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and the Ukraine TV channel continue the Ask a Doctor project. These are weekly online meetings with leading doctors of Ukraine at the Fund’s digital platforms. You can ask a qualified expert about the features of COVID-19, get a clear and understandable answer on how to behave in today’s realities. Specialists of the national level have already become participants in the project: the chief anaesthesiologist of Ukraine Sergey Dubrov, paediatrician Yevgeniy Komarovsky, doctors Svetlana Guk and Vitaliy Sokolov. The first meeting in 2021 took place with a professor, head of the Department of Epidemiology of the National University named after I. A. Bogomolets Irina Kolesnikova, – said Yulia Ershova, Communications Director of the Foundation.
According to Irina Kolesnikova, today’s statistics on the spread of coronavirus does not reflect the real situation. One of the reasons is the lack of a unified electronic testing base.
– In terms of the number of hospitalized people, the situation is not improving. But you see what is happening in European countries: the lockdown is increasing despite the start of mass vaccinations. These are both severe fines and police patrols. In addition, unfortunately, many Ukrainians do not comply with quarantine regulations. What for is a lockdown? This means staying at home, not going out into the street or supermarket unless absolutely necessary. If I’m at home, why do I need new socks? While this threat looms over us, we need to be careful, ”the professor emphasized.
According to her, do not forget about the forecasts of the further spread of the epidemic, including due to the British strain of the virus:
– It is more pantheogenous, and we can already say that this year it will become dominant. Also, overloaded production and the price of vaccines play an important role; not all countries can afford to buy them. This limits the possibility of creating herd immunity. Moreover, we do not know how long it will last. Perhaps it will be like the flu when a seasonal vaccination is required.
Recalling the flu, the expert noted an interesting detail: it is almost impossible to get sick with this ailment and coronavirus at the same time.
– Two different viruses cannot multiply in the same cell. Therefore, only one will prevail.
Irina Kolesnikova stressed that proper nutrition, as many believe, is not an additional protection against coronavirus. Moreover, the immune system of a healthy person is able to stand up for itself.
– You need to understand how the nutrition is correct. You do not know what kind of fruit or berries you buy. How much sugar they contain, – said Irina Kolesnikova.
Information that is even more interesting can be found in the full recording of the broadcast with an expert. A conversation with Professor Irina Kolesnikova is available at https://fb.watch/2_SVkRd2WQ/
The project “Ask the Doctor” is being implemented jointly with the TV channel “Ukraine”. Live broadcasts with specialists are held every week, dates and times of online meetings will be published in announcements on the pages of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation in social networks. You can also ask questions in the comments to announcements.