Today, April 13, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and the head of the city development direction Metinvest Holding, the SCM representative at the regional headquarters for combating coronavirus Alexander Vishnyakov donated another 50,000 rapid tests to detect COVID-19 for the Donetsk region. They have already been delivered to logistics centers in the cities of Donetsk region, from where they will be delivered to state medical institutions.
Taking into account the first tranche, the region received from the Fund 100,000 rapid tests, which today are the main way to quickly detect and isolate infected patients and prevent an epidemic. According to experts, these tests will be enough to control the threat of the spread of coronavirus in the Donetsk region in the coming months.
– Rinat Akhmetov sent 300 million UAH to help Ukraine in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic. Back in February, he set the task of responding quickly to challenges and, in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health, to provide systematic assistance to the country in the fight against the epidemic. The Rinat Akhmetov Foundation purchased equipment for the effective treatment of complications from COVID-19. The Fund has already donated 300,000 express tests to the Stabilization Fund, created on the initiative of the President of Ukraine, which will help to quickly detect the virus and thereby stop its spread. Now tests are delivered in batches to the regions. In addition, representatives of Rinat Akhmetov assets have joined the work of regional headquarters to combat coronavirus in Donetsk, Lugansk, Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk regions. And also to headquarters in the cities of our presence in the Zaporizhzhia, Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov regions. Only joint actions and joint efforts of each of us will help to cope with the epidemic, – said Natalya Yemchenko, member of the Supervisory Board of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation.
The representative of SCM businesses at the Donetsk regional headquarters for the fight against coronavirus Alexander Vishnyakov presented certificates for express tests to the mayor of Mirnograd Alexander Brykalov.
– Last week, Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, together with SCM enterprises, handed over 50,000 express tests for the Donetsk region. Now we are handing over 50 thousand more. And totally 100 thousand tests for the diagnosis of coronavirus will go to hospitals throughout the region. At the initiative of Rinat Akhmetov, Metinvest, DTEK and a number of our other enterprises have become partners of regional anti-crisis headquarters to combat the COVID-19 epidemic in four regions of Ukraine, including Donetsk. The headquarters brings together the efforts of local authorities and businesses. Now our common big task is to stop the spread of the coronavirus and help enterprises to survive in a difficult economic situation. Of course, it is not easy, but the economy of the region and the country should also be healthy and feel at 36.6, – said Alexander Vishnyakov.
In turn, Alexander Brykalov mentioned that today Donetsk region needs help very much.
– Every city in Ukraine is in an emergency situation related to the coronavirus epidemic. And now our hospitals are receiving such urgent, necessary and scarce rapid tests. This is an invaluable help. Thank you so much! – Alexander Brykalov thanked.
The representative of the health department of Donetsk regional state administration Yanina Vatulina also thanked Rinat Akhmetov for the help provided to the region. Since the coronavirus epidemic is a serious challenge that can only be dealt with by joining forces.
-The availability of express tests will enable doctors to identify the incidence within 15 minutes. We are incredibly grateful to Rinat Akhmetov and the Fund for their timely assistance, said Yanina Vatulina.
The first tranche of assistance, which the Fund transferred to the Donetsk region on April 7, has already been distributed between state medical institutions in 25 settlements. Roksana Khokhlova, head physician of the Mirnograd Central City Hospital KNP, told how they work:
– There have already been several examinations of patients. The results are negative and we are very happy about this. Rapid tests are important and necessary. Now we have no doubt that any patient’s appeal, any situation with COVID-19 that needs to be solved with the help of these tests is not a problem for us. Thank you very much!
Valery Yakovenko, General Director of the Pokrovskoye Mine Administration, also expressed gratitude to the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation:
– I would like to thank the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation for its help in the fight against coronavirus. I know that getting the same rapid tests is a big task. Whole countries compete with each other for them. And thanks to the Fund, our city received 2,400 tests. This is necessary and important for us. The staff of the mine, the inhabitants of Pokrovsk, see that they were not left alone with this misfortune. This means that we will show a real miner’s character and will definitely overcome everything.
Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and FC Shakhtar donated 20,000 rapid tests to the Kharkiv region on April 6 to detect the coronavirus COVID-19. This region was the first to receive part of a batch of 300,000 tests purchased by the Fund for the whole of Ukraine. Next day, April 7, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest donated 50,000 express tests to the Donetsk region. Of these, the doctors of Mariupol received 15,000. On April 9, Zaporizhzhia region received 30,000 express tests from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest. The Fund and DTEK sent 30,000 express tests to the Lugansk region, another 10,000 express tests to Ivano-Frankivsk and 30,000 to the Lviv region. Also, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, in partnership with FUIB, donated special protective equipment to Lviv doctors.