Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest handed over two high-class lung ventilation devices made in France to the city emergency hospital of Mariupol.
– The Foundation purchased and handed over 200 ventilators to state hospitals. These models are among the most modern in the world, but most importantly, they are easy to use and largely eliminate the human factor. This is the first time that ventilators of this class are delivered to many hospitals in Ukraine. In fact, this is the Foundation contribution to the modernization of the Ukrainian health care system, – said Natalia Yemchenko, member of the Foundation Supervisory Board.
Presenting certificates for lung ventilators, Metinvest representative Konstantin Voitsekhovsky noted that for Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, assistance to the healthcare system has always been one of the priorities.
– In February this year, by personal decision of Rinat Akhmetov, the Foundation was the first to come to the aid of the country. He pooled the resources of the charitable Foundation, Football Club “Shakhtar”, Metinvest and other SCM businesses to help Ukraine and allocated UAH 300 million to fight the coronavirus under the ”Fight against COVID-19 in Ukraine” project. This project became part of “Rinat Akhmetov – Saving Lives” Foundation program, added Konstantin Voitsekhovsky.
As the deputy mayor of Mariupol Ksenia Sukhova said, Rinat Akhmetov always comes to the aid of the region.
– I would like to thank Rinat Akhmetov Foundation on behalf of the entire Mariupol community for the invaluable, high-quality assistance it provides. From the first days of the coronavirus epidemic, Mariupol received much-needed express tests, a PCR laboratory, lung ventilators and everything needed to fight the coronavirus in our city. We have everything to provide the necessary qualified medical care. Many thanks for the systematic and constant support of the Foundation. And I also want to congratulate Rinat Akhmetov Foundation on its 15th anniversary. This is 15 years of assistance and support to Ukraine in the most important issues, – said Ksenia Sukhova.
The adviser to the head of the state administration Nikolai Trofimenko supported her:
– On behalf of the head of the Donetsk regional state administration, I would like to thank the Foundation and Rinat Akhmetov for such an important assistance to medical institutions in Donetsk region. Unfortunately, the epidemic has not yet receded, and only through joint efforts will we overcome this problem.
Chief Physician of the Mariupol City Emergency Hospital Sergei Orleansky added that the Foundation assistance is of great importance for doctors.
– Thank you so much. This is a very timely help, without which it would be difficult for doctors to cope. Any trouble is easier to overcome together – and you are here for the third time. The help is very substantial. The equipment is very high quality, the latest sample. Thanks to their intelligence, ventilators are easy to maintain. In general, this is the pinnacle of anesthetic technology today, – said Sergei Orleansky.
In addition, doctors in the intensive care unit who are in contact with patients with coronavirus received sets of medical clothing from the Foundation. It was sewn by special order.
– On behalf of the team of medical workers, I express my deep gratitude for the help provided. It is very pleasant to feel it in this difficult time, – thanked the head nurse Yelena Shumilo.
Earlier, Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest handed over two modern high-quality lung ventilators to Mariupol emergency hospital. In addition, the city doctors received 15 000 express tests to detect coronavirus. Rinat Akhmetov Foundation also equipped a PCR laboratory with everything necessary, including a test analyzer. Thanks to this, it became one of the most powerful in Mariupol.