For development and support of sports in Zaporozhye Area, JSC “Zaporizhstal” allocated UAH 8.5 million in 2013, out of which UAH 6 million made up investments for maintenance and development of the indoor track of “Metallurg” Sports Club, UAH 2 million — for the yacht club of JSC “Zaporizhstal” and UAH 450 thousand to pay-out monthly scholarships to 9 leading sportsmen of Zaporozhye region.
In “Metallurg” SC of JSC “Zaporizhstal”, on the free-of-charge basis, the representatives of two sports schools of the Olympic reserve have the opportunity to train themselves: on gymnastics as well as on track-and-field, the lead sportsmen of “Metallurg” SC, the national teams of the Works in 6 sport kinds, as well as the sportsmen belonging to the Centre of the Invalid’s Sport “INVASPORT”, from “Promin” — the social centre for the orphaned children. Yearly, aver 50 mass sporting events are held in the indoor track-and-field building.
On the 22nd of January, 2013, a meeting was held by the General Director of JSC “Zaporizhstal” Rostislav Shurma and nine lead and promising sportsmen from Zaporozhye Area, during which the results and the achievements of the last year and the plans for the future have been discussed. At that event, the General Director handed over the Certificates to those nine sportsmen for receiving the personal scholarships within the scope of preparations for the Olympic games in 2016.
“You have a great influence upon motivation of other people to go in for sports and personal devel-opment”, — the General Director of JSC “Zaporizhstal” Rostislav Shurmaaddressed to the sportsmen during their meeting. — “Sport became a choice for 4 thousands of our Works’ employees, who participate on a frequent basis in the Works’ Spartakiada Games”.
The following owners of the personal scholarships from “Zaporizhstal” I&SIW as of 2013, have been appointed as :
1. Olesia Povkh — an Honored Master of Sports in track-and-field athletics, a Bronze Medalist of Olympic Games in 2012.
2. Maria Remen’ — an Honored Master of Sports in track-and-field athletics, a Bronze Medalist of Olympic Games in 2012 .
3. Alexey Kasianov — a World Class Master of Sports of Ukraine in decathlon, a participant of the Olympic Games in 2012.
4. Oleg Stepko — a World Class Master of Sports of Ukraine, a Two-times Champion of the Youth Olympic Games in gymnastics, a finalist of Olympic Games in 2012.
5. Anna Gats’ko — a World Class Master of Sports of Ukraine. A Winner of the European Cup in track-and-field athletics, a participant of Olympic Games in 2012.
6. Yurii Kushniruk — a Master of Sports of Ukraine. A repeated Medalist and finalist of the World and European championships in javelin throwing, among youngsters and juniors. A record-holder of Ukraine.
7. Bogdan Panchenkov — a Master of Sports of Ukraine in chess, a World 8-times Champion, a European 6-times Champion among youngsters.
8. Kirill Dolgov — a Candidte Master of Sports in yachting, a 7-times Champion of Ukraine in “Optimist” class, a member of national team of Ukraine.
9. Alina Skobel’skaya — a Candidate Master of Sports in row sport. A finalist of the European Championship in 2012. A Champion and medal winner of the Championship of Ukraine among youngsters in baidarka rowing. A Candidate for the World Championship in 2013.