The form of coronavirus type COVID-19 is rapidly spreading around the world.
Zaporizhstal Works also carries out additional measures to prevent the spread of the virus. Employees of the enterprise work are engaged in continuous production. Each workshop is a place with a high concentration of people with whom every employee has to contact.
In order to avoid the risk of infection of employees with the COVID-19 coronavirus or other types of SARS during the work process, the Works has an operational headquarters, which includes the company’s management. Daily at headquarters meetings it is discussed how the situation with coronavirus affects employees and business processes: production, procurement of raw materials and interaction with partners and suppliers.
According to the decisions of the headquarters, preventive measures have already been implemented for the employees of the Works:
– The divisions increased the frequency of cleaning the premises – household, office, meeting rooms – with the use of disinfectants at least two times per shift.
– All sanitary facilities are provided with hand sanitizers – they are located near the washbasins.
– In the dining rooms and buffets of the Works, the cleaning frequency has been increased. All surfaces are treated with disinfectants.
– All the needs of the divisions in the drinking regime are provided by the supply of bottled water.
– Temporarily and until a special order, the final working meetings and mass events were canceled.
– Production meetings are transferred online by selector, video, conference calls.
– The managers’ control is strengthened over the state of employees’ health.
– Intensive communications are being held with contractors working on the industrial site of the Works regarding the need to take measures on their part to protect their own personnel. Particular attention of the contractors is drawn to the need for disinfection in car interiors.
– Explanatory communications with employees have been enhanced to follow simple precautions:
– To wash hands often or treat with alcohol;
– Do not touch the face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with your hands;
– Do not eat raw foods of animal origin;
– When coughing or sneezing, be sure to cover your face with a napkin or bend your elbow;
– To wear a mask if there is a cough or sneeze;
– Do not contact people with symptoms of ARVI;
– To limit visits to public places;
– If you have symptoms of ARVI (fever, headache, dry cough, runny nose, lacrimation), be sure to warn your supervisor, call a doctor and stay at home until you recover completely.
Current information on coronavirus is available in official sources: on the website of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the site with answers to key questions about COVID-19 – covid19.com.ua.